Wednesday, September 4, 2013

SEPTEMBER 1: FAIRBANKS to WHITEHORSE

Distance: 971 km (603 miles)

Today I back-tracked from Fairbanks to Whitehorse. My plan was to take pictures in Alaska where I did not take too many on the way here and then speed through the Yukon where I had taken plenty. What did not occur to me is that everything looks different from the opposite direction. I saw mountain landscapes from a new viewpoint and could not resist stopping much more than I had planned. It was interesting to the Alaskan Pipeline. The leaves are changing colors and are getting better each day. The colors where stunning. The fall colors brought out the layers. The ground brush and low lying trees were yellow and orange, the tall pines remained a deep green, the mountains in the background were various earth-tones and the blue sky with white fluffy clouds above created an impressive backdrop everywhere I looked.

I arrive in Whitehorse late and got a pizza to go after checking-in.

Alaskan Pipeline River Crossing




Not sure if the poles are holding up the wires or the wires are holding up the poles!




Porcupine




Free Range Horses

No comments:

Post a Comment