Saturday, September 7, 2013

SEPTEMBER 6: CALGARY

My last day full day in Canada was spent touring the City of Calgary. In the morning I needed to run some errands to prepare for the trip home. I walked around the downtown area and visited the Canadian Olympic Training Facility and Sports Hall of Fame, Calgary Tower, City Hall, McDougall Centre and Prince's Island Park. Calgary is a nice enough town.

This has been a great trip. While I missed my family, 2 weeks alone gave me plenty of time to clear my head. Parts of the trip would not have worked with the whole family but other areas I hope to visit again with them. In a fitting end to my visit, I stopped at Walmart and got dinner at a Wendy's and Tim Horton's stuck together. 
 (Inside joke.) My flight leaves very early in the morning so it is time to finish packing.

7th Avenue
 
Calgary Tower
 
Art District View of Tower
 
Olympic Park
 
City Hall
 
The Bow
 
McDougall Centre
 
Peace Bridge

Canadian Sports Hall of Fame

City of Calgary

No comments:

Post a Comment