Tuesday, August 27, 2013

AUGUST 27: CALGARY to EDMONTON

Distance: 369 km (229 miles)

Today started slower than I had hoped. I had a bit of a technical glitch with my GPS; it did not have Canada or Alaska. After getting that resolved I drove to Edmonton with short stops in Red Deer and Leduc. I toured the downtown area driving through the Old Strathcona area and making stops at the Alberta Legislature Building, City Hall Square and various parks along both sides of the river. After taking a break to check-in to my hotel, I headed out to the West Edmonton Mall. It claims to be the largest mall in North America, larger than the Mall of America. It had a large water park, amusement park, full size hockey rink, miniature golf course, etc. but it seemed to have fewer actual stores than MOA. Considering I rarely go to a mall at home, it is ironic that I ended up at WEM and MOA in the same year. Tomorrow the real adventure begins!
 










 

No comments:

Post a Comment