Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Ultimate North American Road Trip: The Alaska Highway

As if traveling across the Lower 48 for 5 1/2 weeks earlier this summer was not enough, I am preparing to soon start my trek from Calgary, Alberta to Fairbanks, Alaska and back.  Access to mobile phone and internet services will be extremely limited so I might not be able to post my adventures daily; however I will track each day and post them when I can.

I have long dreamed about driving the Alaska (aka AlCan) Highway.  I have a rare opportunity to take 2 weeks by myself so I am going to take advantage.  I guess I could wait 20 more years till I retire and spend the time talking about what I plan to do; but I prefer to spend the next 20 years telling stories about what I did.

Inspirational Quotes:

"Don't let the noise of others opinions drown out your own inner voice; and most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition." - Steve Jobs

"The journey not the arrival matters." - T. S. Eliot

"Kilometers are shorter than miles.  Save gas, take your next trip in kilometers." - George Carlin

No comments:

Post a Comment